What is Physical Wellness?
There are many elements of physical wellness that must be cared for together. Overall physical wellness encourages the balance of physical activity, nutrition, and mental well-being to keep your body in top condition and nurtures personal responsibility for your own health.
There are many activities that you can do to maintain or increase your physical wellness. Here are a few suggestions:
- Try out a fitness class. Bring a friend to an in-person class, or try out an online or recorded class - open in a new tab at home.
- Are you eating well? Try healthier meals. Check out the free online College Cookbook - open in a new window for healthy recipe ideas and shopping tips.
- Practice intuitive eating. Listen to your body and eat what feels right for you.
- Drink more water.Aim for six glasses of water a day, and drink fewer sugary drinks.
- Ditch the energy drinks.Cut down or eliminate energy drinks for the week and see how you feel.
- Be mindful of alcohol intake. Be aware of the guidelines around safer levels of alcohol consumption - open in a new tab and moderate how much you have to drink.
- Practice safe sex. Take the necessary precautions to avoid potential negative consequences, such as sexually transmitted infections (STI).
- Get eight straight hours of sleep a night. The Sleep Foundation has some Healthy Sleep Tips - open in a new tab to help you get a better night’s sleep. You can also find useful strategies in the Sleep module.
- Practice joyful movement. Focus on moving in a fun, enjoyable way that feels right for your unique body.