Watch the video or follow the steps below to learn how to solve practical problems. You can also download the How to Solve Practical Problems video transcript.
Problem solving involves strategies that can help you cope with problems in a productive way. Use the 5 step outline below to help you solve a challenge you are currently dealing with.
- Identify your problem and what you would like to be different.
- Brainstorm all the ways that you could solve the problem.
- Think about your choices and decide which ones are possible, reasonable, and doable.
- Follow through with the choices that are achievable.
- Evaluate your results. Did your actions solve the problem? If your actions have not helped your situation, try acting on of of the other options that you brainstormed.