Watch the video or follow the steps below to learn how to solve practical problems.
Problem solving involves strategies that can help you cope with problems in a productive way. Use the 5 step outline below to help you solve a challenge you are currently dealing with.
- Identify your problem and what you would like to be different.
- Brainstorm all the ways that you could solve the problem.
- Think about your choices and decide which ones are possible, reasonable, and doable.
- Follow through with the choices that are achievable.
- Evaluate your results. Did your actions solve the problem? If your actions have not helped your situation, try acting on of of the other options that you brainstormed.